We’re excited for you to join us this year! Here is a rundown of what to expect on November 25th:
- The Dapper Dandies will be playing from 12-1pm, I encourage people who want to sign up to be in a race to come at that time and sign up.
- Races happen from 1-4pm. There will be 2 kids’ races first, then 6 adult races to follow.
- The winners of each race will receive their own special trophy, all handmade out of re-purposed materials!
- There are 5 horses to choose from, we are creating Stables this year. Think of them akin to the houses of a certain magic school you know of. Pick a stable and cheer for your team year after year!
- The crowd can place ‘bets’ on what team they think will win a race and be entered into a raffle to win a Grand Prize! (so far, each grand prize basket includes: bottle of rum from Three Roll Estates, gift card to LPK uptown, gift card for a trip with Kayak-iti-yak, your glitter, and all of the merch we have on hand (zine, buttons, magnets..)
- All money raised this year is being donated to Rocking R Rescue Ranch, a horse farm in MS that saves horses (and Kangaroos) from kill auctions
- Complimentary Cocktails and Yerba Matte 😉
- Costume Contest will be announced before the 2nd to last race. Free to sign up (just sign up before we announce it!)
- There will also be a crest contest. We are asking the fans to come up with each Stables logo/crest which we will use every year. The winner gets all free merch, and a chance to name one of next year’s horses.
Human Horse Races kicked off in November 2019 to a crowd of over 300 people. It is a free, family friendly, Thanksgiving Day alternative to the race tracks. Fest goers enjoy live music, drinks, and of course, races consisting of human horses sprinting their jockey to the finish line!
The 2nd Annual Human Horse Races will take place on Nov 25th, 2021 from 12 – 4 P.M. at Easton Park. Entry is completely free. Live music is provided and beverages are available. Purchase betting tokens to place donation bets on the horse you think will win the following round. Winners receive small prize packages, and an entry for a chance to win a mega-prize! All donations benefit local animal & wildlife rescue initiatives.
HHR exists to raise money and awareness for local animal shelters and promote cruelty free experiences, while celebrating in classic New Orleans style.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a group of local New Orleans artists, advocates & entertainers coming together to put on fun, cruelty free alternatives to local traditions.